So, here comes finally some official press photos of Sony Rolly…
Sony rolly from the front:
Rolly from an angular perspective:
Sony Rolly held in a hand to give the thing some scale:
…and here follows the specifications of our brand new little buddy:
- 1GB internal flash-memory.
- Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity for receiving and streaming music
- Editable “dance moves” + software for controll
- Battery specifications: 3.7V 1560 mAh rechargeable battery
- Battery life: 5h for music playback, 4,5h for streaming music over Bluetooth connection, 4h of music and motion combined, and finally 3,5h for streaming music over Bluetooth with motion
- USB 2.0 conection for transferring music and charging the batteryge
- Supported audio formats: MP3, ATRAC, AAC up to 300+ kbps
- Dimensions and weight: 104√ó65√ó65mm, 300grams
- Price: $360,-
…and finally some use instructions for how to controll your Rolly:
- Move wheel forward: Skip to next nong
- Move wheel Backwards: Skip to previous song
- Turn player right on the table: turns the volume up. turning left turns the volume down
- Turning the upper wheel selects songs
- Turning the lower Wheel changes volume
- Pressing the PLAY button twice and shaking player turns shuffle mode on
As it comes obvious, the Rolly wheels play a crucial part in controlling Rolly player.
That pretty much sums it up for now. Tomorrow we’ll be glued to our monitors to see further impressions of Rolly as the first Sony Rolly party will begin in a couple of hours in Japan.